The South India’s leading packaging exhibition concluded recording a footfall of ten thousand unique visitors!
PackPlus South concluded successfully at Hyderabad in the month of March and will be back in the city after hiatus of a year, as in 2019 the event will happen at Bengaluru. This will be the third edition of the Show at Bangalore.
Some interesting facts about Karnataka:
- Karnataka occupies the fifth position in the pharmaceutical exports. Around 40% of the state’s pharma produce is exported overseas. Presently Karnataka is home to more than 230 pharma and biotech companies.
- Many multinational companies (MNC) have set up their manufacturing units in Karnataka including BASF, Bosch.
- Karnataka has several sugar factories in northern region and also possesses many edible oil as well as textile processing units.
- The Government of Karnataka is promoting the development of several SEZs across Karnataka such as pharma and biotech SEZ, food processing and agro-based industries and textiles SEZ at Hassan and IT and Coastal SEZs at Mangalore.
- Bengaluru has been ranked the world’s most dynamic city on an index that captures a city’s economic changes and its ability to sustain it.
- Bengaluru is home to some of the largest ready-to-consume food companies in India such as MTR Foods and iD Fresh Foods.
PackPlus South, along with the Commercial & Package Printing focussed event PrintFair, will be held from 10-13 April 2019 at BIEC, Bengaluru. The unprecedented success of the 2018 edition at Hyderabad has brought several leading companies from packaging, processing, printing and supply chain industries already on board.
The promotional activities for the event are shaping up to add to the visitor registrations, which have already started. Decision makers and important management members from various industries including Pharmaceutical & Chemical; Food & Beverage, Dairy & Meat; Engineering; Garments & Textiles; Personal Care Products and Logistics will be visiting the Show. Printers, Converters, Packaging Professionals and Packaging End Users as well as the providers of Materials, Equipment and Services will also visit in large numbers.